Few things are more romanticized than pirates, with their tales of treasure, shipwrecks, and adventure. But what many people don’t realize is that piracy is still a very real problem today. According to the International Maritime Bureau, there were 463 reported piracy incidents in 2016, and 29 hostages were taken.
The vast majority of these incidents took place off the coast of Somalia, where war and poverty have created a perfect environment for piracy to thrive. However, piracy is not limited to Somalia. In fact, it’s estimated that 1 in every five ships that pass through the Gulf of Guinea are attacked by pirates. So while pirates may seem like a thing of the past, the truth is that they’re very much a part of our present, so learn about pirates here.
Benefits to taking boat tours of the harbor: learn more about these infamous pirates
Looking to add a little excitement to your next vacation? Why not take a tour of the harbor and learn more about these infamous pirates?
- A professional guide will regale you with tales of their daring exploits, providing an intimate look at the life of a pirate.
- You’ll also get to see first-hand the sites where these pirates once roamed, getting a feel for what it was like to live life on the high seas.
- Best of all, these tours are typically small and intimate, so you’ll be able to ask all the questions you want and really get to know your guide.
So if you’re looking for an adventure, be sure to book a boat tour of the harbor today.
The best spots where the pirates once roamed: Places for a private boat tour
Charleston, SC is a city with a long and storied history. For centuries, it was a bustling hub of trade and commerce, and its harbor was filled with ships from all over the world. Unfortunately, this also made it a prime target for pirates, who would often raid ships and take their valuable cargo.
- Today, visitors to Charleston can explore the city’s pirate past by taking a private boat tour of some of the best spots where the pirates once roamed.
- The tour begins at the Charleston City Marina, where guests will board a comfortable and well-equipped vessel.
- From there, they will set sail for the Charleston Harbor, passing by Fort Sumter and other historical landmarks.
- Once in the harbor, they will have the opportunity to see some of the wrecks of pirate ships that still lie at the bottom of the sea.
- This is a unique opportunity to learn about Charleston’s rich history and see some of the city’s most famous landmarks from a new perspective.
Get to see some of the beautiful homes and churches that make Charleston so special:
Charleston is a city with a rich history and plenty of architectural beauty to admire. Seeing the city from the water is a truly unique experience.
- There are several companies that offer private boat tours of Charleston, which is the perfect way to see some of the historic homes and churches up close.
- Many of the tour operators are native Charlestonians, so they can offer interesting insights into the city’s history and culture.
- Taking a private boat tour is a great way to learn more about Charleston while enjoying its stunning scenery from the comfort and privacy of your own vessel.
If you’re looking for a unique experience in Charleston, then be sure to check out one of the private boat tours! It will off you a chance to see the city from a new perspective and learn about its rich history. So what are you waiting for? Book your tour today!