Be More Productive at Work: 6 Practical Tips Everyone Should Learn
We all want to be more productive. Whether you’re a student, a homemaker, or an employee, you need to be efficient with your time. The problem is that many of us don’t know how to manage our time correctly. We’ll read productivity advice, then return to the old routine.
Working long hours can be tiring, but it doesn’t have to be. You can do many things to make your work day more productive and enjoyable. Here are eight simple tips that you can learn to be more productive at work. Keep reading!
6 Simple Tips to Make You More Productive
- Decorate your workspace
A personal office can be a wonderful place to escape. You can decorate it any way you like and make it an inspiring space where you can spend hours working on your projects and tasks.
The first step is to get some inspiration. You may need an app such as Flip Clocker to display time and remind time. Once you make your phone or iPad like a clock, you can reduce the time of playing videos or social media with your devices.
Besides, you may want to use a whiteboard or pinboards to plan and visualize your work, especially if you are planning on doing things in the future (such as setting up a blog). A calendar is also helpful for seeing what tasks need to be completed today, tomorrow, next week, and so on.
Next up is comfort – this includes having a comfortable desk chair and ensuring enough light comes into your room from windows or lamps, if possible! Music can also help with focus; find music that motivates you when working so that every task becomes easier!
- Plan Your Day Ahead of Time
Planning your day is the most important thing you can do for yourself. It will help you to be more productive, efficient, and effective. So many things are just waiting to get in your way if you don’t plan your day.
Planning also helps with stress management because it allows you to prioritize tasks and ensure that nothing is being rushed through at the end of a long day when everyone is tired and stressed out.
If something unexpected comes up during the day (and there will be something), then we have a plan in place that can help us deal with whatever it may be before it gets worse or even escalates further than anticipated by trying our best not only now but also tomorrow as well since “tomorrow never knows what today might bring forth.”
- Do the most challenging thing first
“Do the hardest thing first” is an easy strategy to understand but not always easy to follow.
If you’re having trouble getting started on your most important tasks, use the Pomodoro technique: set a timer for 25 minutes and work on the task you’ve been putting off until now. That will help you get into a “flow state” where time flies by, and you feel less distracted by the urge to check your phone or email inbox every 5 seconds.
Afterward, take 5 minutes off before starting again with another 25-minute session (you can repeat this cycle up to 3 times). When it comes time for your break, make sure to use it wisely—don’t just check social media or play Candy Crush Saga; instead, try meditating or doing some light stretching exercises (which will also help prevent back pain).
- Automate Simple Tasks Using AI
Automation is one of the critical factors for productivity. AI has been used in many real-world applications, such as self-driving cars, image recognition, speech recognition, machine translation, etc. Simple tasks can be automated using AI techniques. Here are some popular AI applications to help you increase productivity at work:
Best AI Tools for Time Tracking:
- Flip Clocker: Flip Clocker is a digital flip clock to display time and track time. It can be set up on your browser, computer, or mobile device as a time reminder. The classic black and white digital clock will remind you of the passage of time and help you better focus on the study and work at hand. In addition, Flip clocker offers many interesting backgrounds, themes, as well as funny accessories for your selection, which balance the clock’s functionality and entertainment of the clock.
- Forest: This app helps you save time by stopping you from picking up your phone too often, and it achieves this by crediting some amount to your account for the time you stay away from your phone.
Best AI Tools for Image Editing：
- Imglarger: This app allows you to enhance your image online using the available tools. With imglarger, you can sharpen blurry images, retouch faces, and enlarge an image by 800%.
- Bgeraser: It is a free online application that can remove unwanted objects and backgrounds from your images. It is a magic eraser to erase things you don’t want, such as plants, animals, clothes, trees, etc.
- Canva: With over 12 million users who have created over 100 million designs, Canva has become one of the leading providers of design templates and stock photos for social media marketing campaigns.
Best AI tools for Marketing:
- Surfer SEO: Surfer SEO is a keyword research tool that provides you with the information needed to find the best keywords for your business. It allows you to search by location, category, or keyword to find the most potential keywords to rank.
- ManyChat: ManyChat is an application that allows users to send automated messages through Facebook Messenger. Marketers can use ManyChat for a variety of purposes, including lead generation, customer support, and customer engagement, among others.
- Optimal: Optimail is a marketing automation tool that lets you create email campaigns with personalized content based on user data from Facebook and Google Analytics.
With the help of AI tools, you can quickly improve your productivity and save a lot of time.
- Write Down the Three Most Important Daily Tasks
You can write these down at the beginning of each day or even at the end of each day depending on how hectic your schedule is.
For example, if you have an eight hour work shift, writing down three most important tasks before leaving home in the morning will probably not work out very well. But if you have a more flexible schedule and can focus on writing down three most important tasks after coming back home from work (or even better before going to bed), then it will be much easier for you to accomplish your goals during the day.
- Write down the three most important tasks you must accomplish in your day.
- Prioritize these tasks based on importance and urgency.
- Write down your time on each task (this is important!).
- Use a planner or calendar to write down your daily tasks and times with deadlines.
- Get off Social Media
Social media is addictive. If you feel like social media is a time-waster, get off it! The best way to stay on top of things at work is by not being distracted by social media. Use it only as an advertising tool to stay in touch with friends and family. Don’t be tempted when your boss asks you to check something out on Facebook during work hours—it’s pointless, so don’t do it!
Here are some practical tips to help you avoid wasting much time on social media:
- Set limits for yourself. Set a limit on how long you will spend on social media sites every day or week. If you find yourself going over that limit, try setting a smaller one until you can get back under control.
- Use specific apps for specific purposes. For example, if you want to share pictures with friends or family members, use Facebook for this purpose (and only this purpose). If you want to stay up-to-date with news stories or current events, use Twitter for this purpose (and only this purpose). And so on…
- Turn off notifications from certain apps. This includes push notifications from apps such as Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp — these apps can be extremely distracting because they notify us every time someone sends us a message or posts something new on their page.
Improving your productivity at the workplace is not easy, especially if you are already facing difficulties in going through your daily tasks. If you want to improve your productivity at work, then start with all the above simple tips.
In this article, we have introduced six practical tips. You may start by decorating your workplace environment using forest or a flip clock app or scheduling your plans and days. Plus, we recommend some AI tools such as ManyChat or bg eraser to help you automate some simple work. All these tips will help you get started in the right direction and make it easier to do your best work daily.